• Printing ink “offset” onto paper by a printing press – splat!
Thermography – “Poormans’ engraving”
• Raised ink on business cards and invitations (treated with a heated substance, which becomes raised, simulating engraving)
• Never the look of full-color ink, but its applications are many
• Often makes lower quantity publishing affordable
• Ability to generate integrated personalized “1-to-1” printing
• Machines should be temperature & humidity controlled
• Hand-done on 80 year-old machines; beautiful; reasonable cost