• Call paper companies such as Mead Paper and ask for a carton of paper sample swatch books (in most cases free)
• “Rag” paper stock is usually finer because it means cotton is included in the paper’s makeup, i.e. finer look and feel
• Signature: grouping of up 4-8 sheets of paper, folded in half to form 16-32 book pages, respectively
• Saddle-stitch: pages stapled along the spine for books typically under 32pp
• Side-stitch: when book’s bulk is too great for saddle stitching
• Perfect bind: Pages bound together with a flexible adhesive
• Mechanical binding: holes punched for rings, PVC, etc.
• Edition bind: signatures sewn-together, i.e. conventional