With all that time out there – our most precious resource – why not spend it wisely?
Here are a few BIG keys to achieving marketing success for clients:
1) Chemistry – how lines of communication are met and matched – or not; too much client education needed? client micro managing (e.g. “I hate that logo!”)?; expectations not aligned?; if these are IN LINE, however, then great opportunity to help.
2) Teams – past vendors need to still be in the game for the sake of not hurting feelings?; family ties weighing in and “fracturing” approach? (e.g. my brother will do the video; my cousin will do the ads); delays in the process of volleying feedback and execution?; client making marketing decisions without consulting their agency?; “giving reigns” over to new creative leaders? if these are IN LINE, however, then great opportunity to help.
3) Budget – if every item needs a proposal; if client is always cash poor; if client does not trust, nor allow agency to spend – and guard spending – on their behalf; if these are IN LINE, however, then great opportunity to help.
4) Patience – haste makes waste – always (barring occasional exceptions); greater awareness, marketshare, and new sales tied to marketing take TIME; client must realize this, believe in the process and creative team – and their visions and intuition; if these are IN LINE, then great opportunity to help.
5) Guarantees – not every ideas is a guaranteed winner; just look at any company’s marketing – always breaking new ground; only guarantee is if little is done, little or nothing will happen; marketing engines need to be always at a minimum set to “all ahead one-third”; if these are IN LINE, then great opportunity to help.