Business Tips from the “Grey” side
Compiled by David Riss, Creative Director of Greyskye LLC
- So What’s So Good About That?
Ask this question about your business’ or another business’ products, services, features and benefits. Then keep asking that question to drill down to the most salient points.
- Totally FREE to very inexpensive phone calls with a $20 headset and Skype(.com), and so many more cool features.
- Add Quotes (“) before and after a Google search for a keyword on the “net” to streamline your searching.
- Register your website for FREE on both Google and Yahoo! Just search for the “business solutions” (or similar) link at the bottom of each of their respective home pages.
- Amazingly competitive host of web hosting services through GoDaddy.com
- Buy a $350 Xerox DocuMate 510 scanner to shrink 99% of your office paperwork to the size of your thumb.
- Backup your office’s digital files with BackBlaze.com – starting at $10 per month
- Offload the paperwork: Managing your QuickBooks or similar computer checking software account by using a professional third-party service such as Egan Tax & Books in NYC can be convenient and critical.
- Protect your new ideas with a trademark and/or patent attorney. Research them carefully but one recommendation is Gonzales & Oberlander (NY, NY)
- Direct mail suggestion not for the faint-at-heart – Mail out only about 1,000 at a time, spaced every several weeks. It will give your telemarketing (department) TIME, in between, to PROPERLY follow up, instead of blasting everyone and not being able to effectively track your follow-up.
- Consider switching your browser to Mozilla’s Firefox® (if you have not already) as it is probably far less susceptible to hacker and spyware “intrusion”. In fact, Netscape’s founder uses Firefox as its browser. Go to Mozilla.com